Monday, November 29, 2010

Social Networks- Controlling Life?

Some friends brought this to my issue, is certain technology controling your life? More than likely it probably is. More than likely it's social networking that is controlling your lifestlye. Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter are all perfect examples of social networks that may or may not control your life. I never really thought these would be controlling, especially not facebook. But as I have looked into the issue I must agree with my friend. These networks are cruel, judgemental and gossip filled life ruiners, (for some people). Most people go on there for gossip I must say but then again these people that post these things are practically giving away their rights for privacy. For some people though, facebook is there place to go to talk to family members that they may not be able to talk to on a regular basis. But I feel that yes this is true for some people, but for our youth, this is a different story. I feel as if the youth today has corrupted facebook with gossip and harsh posts that are judgemental and hurtfull to other people. It's almost as if it's a constant battle for the top dawg on facebook. Who has the most friends, who talks to who, whats she saying about him, ect. So what i'm trying to say is the social networks in our age have become to corrupt and we mustn't take advantage of the gossip and the wrong doings of some people. Don't let facebook control you. It was made to reconnect with people from the past. Have fun with it, but don't abbuse it.

No comments:

Post a Comment